Did you know that there is now a list of Volunteer Opportunities for your perusal right on our website? Some are directly related to specific ministries, while others call for one-time or occasional help that is needed around the church. Last week, Rev. Clark highlighted the Volunteer Opportunities page and mentioned a few specific opportunities of note.
More opportunities have been added since then. Here are some titles that caught my eye:
- CSN Classroom Helper: a few weeks ago, a young person from Maranatha gave a testimony during the evening service of the blessing it’s been for him to serve as a classroom helper with CSN. Would you consider volunteering with CSN?
- Nursery Helper/Volunteer: on a personal note, I work in the Crib/Crawler room monthly alongside my husband and some Tenth teens, and it is a hoot! If seeing cute babies brightens your day, then you should consider volunteering for the nursery.
- Place or Pick-up Cones: this may seem like a mundane task, but Marion Clark and Scott Moore will tell you otherwise. Placing and picking up cones each Sunday is a very important contribution to the life and neighborliness of our church.
- Book Reviewer: now this sounds cool! As you may know, our church Library is expanding, and with that expansion comes a need for lots more volunteers.
- Greeter: there’s nothing more welcoming than a smiling face and a firm handshake as you step through the Spruce Street doors into the Narthex. Can you smile and shake hands? Then you’re qualified to serve as a greeter!
There are plenty of other opportunities listed on our Volunteer Opportunities page. I hope you’ll check them out and consider what your role could be in helping to fill some of these needs.
© 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By Sarah Boghosian. © 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church. Website: tenth.org