Tenth City Network is Tenth’s ministry for young adults in their 20s and 30s. Our mission is two-fold: we are a gathering place and entry point for young adults at Tenth, and we seek to connect and integrate into the rest of the church body. We don’t want to be a church within a church!
What We Do
Tenth Saturday Night—This is our monthly large group meeting with singing, topical teaching (usually from Dr. Goligher), Q&A, dinner, and fellowship. Recent topics have been:
- October—“How To Be Good Friends in the 21st Century”
- September—“Adam’s Curse & Your Career: God-Glorifying Work in a Post-Fall World”
- August—“70 Hour Workweek: Dedication or Disaster?”
- June—“In _____ We Trust: God, Money, & the American Dream”
- May—“Doctors, Demons, & Antidepressants . . . What’s Really Going on with Depression?”
- April—“Drinking, Dancing, & Sex: Is God a Fundamentalist?”
We have two more evenings scheduled this fall:
- November 1—“Repression & Discrimination: The Church & ‘Outdated’ Gender Norms”
- December 6—“Singleness, Dating, and Marriage”
Small Groups—We have many young adult small groups that meet throughout the city, throughout the week. New groups include a Saturday morning group in Glenside (Parish 2) and a pair of early morning groups (one for women, one for men) meeting Tuesdays in Center City. See tenth.org/tcn for more information and a full list of small groups.
Social Activities—Through parties, barbecues, retreats, camping trips, and other activities, we provide spaces for friendship to develop and connections to form. Our 2014 Fall Retreat is October 17–19 (more information at tenth.org/tcn).
Where We’re Going
Over the next year, we will be working on building more bridges into the rest of the congregation. The church of Christ is a diverse, intergenerational body that is most healthy when all the parts—across all age ranges—are working and fellowshipping together.
Currently, young adults are involved in a wide range of ministries and activities, including nursery, teaching Sunday School, leading Maranatha (Tenth’s youth group), participating in many aspects of the music ministry, teaching Tenth’s ESL classes, and much more.
- Go to tenth.org/tcn to sign up for our email list (two emails per week).
- “Like” us at facebook.com/tenthcitynetwork.
- Email Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2023 Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page, or embed the entire material hosted on Tenth channels. You may not re-upload the material in its entirety. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By Ben Hutton. © 2023 Tenth Presbyterian Church. Website: tenth.org