Tenth Presbyterian Church holds to the classic formulations of Presbyterian theology that came out of the Reformation period: The Westminster Confession of Faith and The Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms. In addition, we govern ourselves by the Book of Church Order prepared by our denomination, the Presbyterian Church in America. The Presbyterian creeds contain many important affirmations, but among them are the following major teachings:
- The inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Bible as the written Word of God.
- The sinfulness of all men and women and their resulting inability to seek out or please God by their own efforts.
- The death of the unique Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, as an atoning sacrifice for us. We believe that there is no salvation for anyone apart from faith in him.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave.
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit, the third member of the divine Trinity, in drawing people to Christ, enabling them to believe on him, and strengthening them to live godly lives.
- The necessity for Christians to follow Jesus Christ in personal and often costly discipleship.
- The church as a fellowship of born again persons, committed to helping one another grow in their Christian lives.
- The privilege and power of prayer.
- The importance of Christians reaching into all the world to call people to faith in Christ and helping influence their world, both near and father away, for good.
- The return of Jesus Christ to judge all persons and to take those who have trusted him to heaven.
© 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By . © 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church. Website: tenth.org