Are you a highly skilled accountant with a deep desire for growth, both professionally and spiritually? We are looking for someone who will be integral to the financial framework that supports the sending and sustaining of cross-cultural workers in some of the world’s hardest, most unreached places. If you are looking to use your professional background in accounting to support a team of dedicated Christ-followers, using their gifts in God’s global mission of redemption and restoration, then we’d like you to join us at Interserve as a Payroll Accountant.
Interserve is an international, interdenominational community of Christ-followers, creatively and intentionally using their professional skills in wholistic ministry among the least-served people of Asia and the Arab World for over 170 years. Our vision is to see lives and communities transformed by encounter with Jesus Christ. The US office is one of 14 national offices working together to mobilize multinational teams.
As Payroll Administrator, you will process the US and international staff payroll and manage the complexities of international fund transfers. Over time, this role will take on more accounting and leadership responsibilities as we foresee expansion in the Finance department.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to Mark Huffman, Executive Director at Mark [@] Interserveusa.org.
Job Description: Payroll Accountant
Organization: Interserve is an international, interdenominational community of Christ-followers,
creatively and intentionally using their professional skills in wholistic ministry to make Jesus Christ known
among the least-served peoples of Asia and the Arab World. Our vision is to see lives and communities
transformed by encounter with Jesus Christ as we field multinational teams.
Position Summary: The Payroll Accountant’s primary responsibility is to process the US and international staff
payroll and manage intercompany transfer of funds. Over time, this role will take on more accounting
Reports to the Finance Director.
Commitment: This is a non-exempt, full-time, or part-time position. Two thirds of the salary is provided,
commensurate with experience. An additional one third may be personally raised as support. Support-raising
training is provided.
1. Prepare staff, field staff, and retiree payrolls utilizing a third-party payroll system. (We are currently using
the ADP Payroll System.)
• Determine status of field staff each month using the Personnel report, adjusting earnings and
deductions based on company policy.
• Confirm direct deposits & tax payments processed by ADP.
• Confirm accuracy of payroll entries in accounting database.
• Reconcile F941 with quarterly payroll reports, W-2’s and W-3.
2. Coordinate transfer of funds and reports to/from other Interserve offices and retirees.
3. Maintain record of payments and adjustments made by the Interserve International Office for field staff
accounts. Prepare reconciliation and enter journal entries as needed.
4. Prepare 1099 at year end as needed for retirees and vendors.
5. Maintain accurate files on all disbursement activities for audit purposes.
6. Manage American Express receipts and expense invoices monthly.
7. Process wire transfers.
8. Assist Finance Director as requested.
9. Assist with general office duties, e.g., answering the telephone as necessary.
10. Participate in and at times lead the staff’s daily devotional and prayer time.
1. Shares the ethos and lifestyle of Interserve as encapsulated in the Interserve Statement of Faith and Life.
2. Committed to participating fully in the ministry of Interserve.
3. Personally committed to following the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. Shows ongoing spiritual growth and development.
5. Expresses a spirit of hospitality toward all colleagues, Prospects, Partners and Alumni.
6. Demonstrates teamwork, dependence on God, humility, excellent attention to detail and servanthood.
7. Anticipates and meets needs as a self-directed learner.
8. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
9. Ability to understand and take on other accounting responsibilities.
10. Proficient in Excel.
11. Knowledge of MIP accounting software and Donor Perfect desirable.
|Jeremy De Guzman|