Immediate opening for a Director of Youth Ministry to lead, oversee and develop the youth ministry of Oreland Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
• Implement the philosophy, vision, goals and policies of the youth ministry
• Create an atmosphere of community, care, love and respect where youth can flourish
• Provide care, counsel and discipleship to youth and their families
• Engage in robust relational ministry to students (spend time with students outside of planned youth group activities
• Schedule, plan, conduct and supervise retreats, camps, service/outreach opportunities and other special events
• Schedule, plan, conduct and supervise the weekly youth group gathering
• Recruit, develop, train and supervise youth leadership, including youth, college or seminary interns
• Participate as an active member of the Christian Discipleship Ministry Team
• Meet periodically with the Parent Advisory Team
• Communicate all youth activities and events to church Administrator, Administrative Staff
• Oversee the youth ministry budget and settle the youth ministry credit card monthly.
• Baccalaureate Degree required.
• Youth director/intern experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to organize and plan events, computer literacy and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated commitment to the Christian Faith.
• Able to affirm and support Oreland Evangelical Presbyterian Church’s Statement of Faith and Statement of Mission.”
See the job description for more information. http://www.orelandpres.org/job-postings
Application Procedure: Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com or Personnel Committee, Oreland EPC, 1119 Church Road, Oreland, PA 19075.