Serge is a non-profit, international missions agency dedicated to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and bringing positive transformation to communities worldwide. We’re seeking a Communications Director to plan, organize, and manage all aspects of Serge’s communications, ensuring all external communication stays true to company vision and mission. The Communications Director works with the Senior Director of Operations and other leaders within the mission team for overall strategy, and with respective department leaders for departmental strategy. This position leads a team that ensures Serge is able to reach the broadest audience possible.
Qualified candidates will be gifted leaders, familiar with international non-profits, and professionally skilled in some combination of writing, graphic design, and marketing. Position is full-time with benefits and includes establishing a network of financial supporters and raising a portion of your salary. We welcome your application!
● Manage team of communication/marketing specialists to deliver projects on time and within budget for key stakeholders throughout organization.
● Ensure Serge reaches desired audience with an effective voice.
● Equip the whole organization to communicate vision/mission/values of Serge.
● Plan annual calendar across all channels of Serge communication, ensuring team stays on task and on
● Collaborate within department and with leaders across Home Office and overseas fields on shared
projects and objectives.
● Identify and monitor key performance indicators and metrics for all departmental work, ensuring the
effectiveness of department.
● Supervise, mentor, and coach a team of 5+ communication, marketing, and media specialists and
freelancers; set and monitor performance goals that align with strategic objectives.
● A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a genuine desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment, applying one’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to advance the Gospel.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field with minimum 3 years experience in communications
● Strong organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
● Skilled in writing copy for a variety of specific audiences.
● Proficient with MS and MAC OS, web browsers, Google products and other web-based software.
● Strong knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, CRM systems
(e.g. Salesforce), and content management systems.
● Skilled to work collaboratively with other teams across departmental lines.
● Highly organized, self-motivated, and exhibiting “follow through” on tasks and goals.
● Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, and demonstrates presence,
self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
● Willingness to complete Serge’s Sonship course and demonstrate commitment to Serge Vision, Mission,
To Apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Anita Wessner, HR Director at HR@serge.org. For more information about our mission agency, visit www.serge.org. 1.22.2021