The Receptionist and Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the mission of the church by serving as the first point of contact for people visiting or contacting the church, providing administrative support to the staff, maintaining supplies, and managing office operations and communications. The Receptionist and Administrative Assistant is directly responsible to and guided by the Office Manager and Administrator. This is an hourly non-exempt position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor the Delancey door during the day.
- Monitor lobby traffic during those times when the door is unlocked (these will be infrequent)
- Interact with those desiring physical access to the church, mainly through doorbell/intercom system. Determine if access should be granted or if follow-up may be needed with another staff member prior to access being granted.
- Ask for help in any situation that appears to be unsafe
- Answer the main Tenth phone number in a professional manner.
- Answer questions about the church and its ministries
- Direct callers to the Tenth website and other resources as applicable
- Transfer calls to the appropriate staff member as necessary
- Oversee the postage for the church
- Oversee office supplies; maintain the supply closet and order supplies as needed or requested
- Collect the bulletin bin and large print binders from the Narthex and distribute extras where needed.
- Welcome Cards: Email welcome letters and information requests to the appropriate people.
- Send the weekly bulletin and other Tenth publications members who request them.
- Operate and help others operate the copiers, fax, folding, and the cutting machines.
- Keep the lobby clean and neat.
- Distribute mail and handle all incoming deliveries.
- Interact with and be a help to the preschool families during drop off and pick up.
- Upload the weekly sermon video to the website.
- Be willing and able to do time sensitive tasks quickly and efficiently. Maintain confidentiality.
- Support Tenthâ€™s staff, member, and outreach communications initiatives.
- Assist with employee onboarding process. Update employee data in HR and other systems.
- Create and maintain contract and personnel files.
- This Position will potentially assume financial-related duties such as processing of donations, bank deposits, invoices, etc.
B.A. desired. Some college or equivalent experience required
2+ years administrative experience, preferably in a church environment.
- Strong PC skills and experience (publishing, web, Office applications)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail while observing firm deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to maintain confidentiality as needed
- Commitment to high quality work in a busy setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required
- Desired: Experience with branding and graphic design.
- Desired: Bookkeeping or finance experience