The personal assistant to the senior minister is responsible for supporting the mission of the church by providing assistance to the senior minister. The personal assistant is directly responsible to the senior minister and is also guided by the administrator.
The Music Administrative Assistant is responsible to help implement the church’s mission to be a fellowship of kingdom-minded disciples and to reach Center City and evangelize Philadelphia by assisting the Music Director with clerical matters related to the music ministry. The Music Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Music Director and guided by the Administrator.
This job combination is a full-time non-exempt position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Support the senior minister in his work for Tenth Presbyterian Church: answer calls, handle correspondence, schedule appointments, plan travel, submit check requests and credit card expense forms on his behalf, and assist with any other administrative needs of the senior minister
- Represent the senior minister, facilitating his relationship with the congregation, staff, commissions, and strategic partners; this includes, but is not limited to, communication, travel arrangements, providing photos and bios, and coordination with individuals and groups
- Liaise between senior minister and church special projectsâ€”preschool, playgroup, etc.
- Schedule parish meetings with the senior minister as requested
- Coordinate the annual Theology Night
- Coordinate minister ordinations, installations, farewells; staff events; etc.
- Facilitate work with Session, including Session agenda and compilation and distribution of Session packet, General Assembly travel arrangements, officer retreat, etc.
- Track service details: sermon titles, preaching schedule, other logistics
- Maintain order of worship schedules for morning and evening; produce morning and evening worship bulletin(s), in coordination with the Music Director, including those for holiday and other special services, gathering information from appropriate staff
- Prepare Weekly Midweek Email to the congregation
- Oversee service logistics (guest preachers, etc.)
- Make reservations for and coordinate Easter Sunrise Service (permit, bulletin, etc.)
- Provide general office assistance as part of the administrative team as needed and as time allows (cover a day/week for receptionistâ€™s lunch); oversee sending cards to staff and congregants (birthday, sympathy, etc.)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Maintain the music events mailing list
- Coordinate mailings and email reports to the music events mailing list, email lists, and choir members
- Contact those who have indicated an interest in music ministry to ascertain their level of interest, experience, abilities, etc., and report results to the Music Director
- Assist the Childrenâ€™s Music Education Director with record-keeping, mailings, etc.
- Maintain the Tenth Childrenâ€™s Music and other music ministry web pages in consultation with the Childrenâ€™s Music Education Director and Music Director
- Personal and professional communication skills with excellent written and verbal techniques; able to respond in a courteous and spiritually encouraging way to a variety of people; able to handle confidential matters prudently
- Ability to discern needs and take initiative in meeting them; strongly motivated by an attitude of serving others
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, InDesign; experience in using databases; etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail; ability to multitask; commitment to high quality work in a busy setting
- Experience with event coordination
- Some flexibility regarding work time may be necessary
- Strong logistical, organizational, and project management skills
B.A. preferred; Associates Degree or related training beyond the high school level. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Secretarial/administrative experience, preferably in a church environment