The Discipleship and Membership Coordinator is responsible for supporting the church’s mission to be a fellowship of kingdom-minded disciples by providing administrative support to the Kingdom Discipleship Commission and managing the Church Management System (ChMS). The Discipleship and Membership Coordinator reports to the Office Manager and is responsible to the Minister of Pastoral Care, the Director of Christian Education, and the Administrator. This is a non-exempt position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- MyTenth Church Management System (ChMS):
- Maintain the ChMS, ensuring that member, ministry, and other records are current and correct.
- Promote the use of the ChMS by the leadership team and others through provision of training and tools that enhance ministry efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate new member classes, with Director of Christian Education. Provide member reports to parish elders. Update class materials as needed. Coordinate new member receptions.
- Kingdom Discipleship Commission
- Support the Bible School ministries of the church by determining room assignments, providing class rosters, facilitating teacher/staff/student communications, promoting the recording of attendance. Be regularly available during the Bible School hour to assist with various needs.
- Assist ministry leaders with volunteer recruitment and coordinate volunteer training opportunities.
- Event Coordinator
- Support key events in the life of the church, including conferences (especially the Discipleship Conference), parish meetings, receptions, celebrations, etc. This includes supporting registrations, logistical planning, and communications.
- Facilitate Wedding process.
- Ensure adequate staff support at events; recruit volunteers to support events that do not have a ministry sponsor.
- Participate in staff and admin staff meetings.
- Assist with covering the reception desk.
- Coordinate Sunday Coffee Hour.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; associate degree or other related training and related experience will be considered.
3+ years administrative experience, preferably in a church environment; 3+ years utilizing PC software.
- Strong PC skills (ChMS/CRM experience essential; advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail while observing firm deadlines.
- Personal and professional communication skills with excellent written and verbal techniques.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required.
- Strong logistical and project management skills.