The Director of Christian Education and Women’s Ministries is a female non-ordained member of the pastoral team that supports the mission of the church by leading Adult and Children’s Bible School and the church’s Women’s Ministries. She will advise the pastoral staff in counselling members as may be needed. The Director shall be directly responsible to the Senior Minister and will be guided by him in the overall performance of these duties.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Direct the Christian Education program of the church
- Recruit, train, and develop teachers to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ
- Evaluate classes and revise curriculum as needed
- Plan, schedule, and publicize the various courses
- Coordinate space needs for the Adult and Children’s Bible School
- Develop and manage a budget for Christian education
- Member of the Kingdom Discipleship Commission
Direct the Women’s Ministry program of the church
- Lead by example as a faithful doer of the Word of God
- Manage the initiatives of the Women’s ministry.
- Develop and implement new initiatives as appropriate
- Encourage and develop women to mentor and disciple
- Develop and manage a budget for Women’s ministry is conjunction with Tenth Women’s Committee
- Provide visibility in the congregation as one of Tenth’s ministry leaders
Assist the Minister of Pastoral Care in the oversight of the counseling needs of the church
Assist Parish Elders to strengthen the church’s network of pastoral care aligned with Women’s Ministry
Assist the Session and Diaconate in providing ministry to women in crisis situations in conjunction with the care team ministry
Assist Outreach, Mercy and Worship ministries of the church as may be required
- A sinner saved by grace, mature in Christ with a vibrant and contagious faith.
- A person of integrity, authenticity, and transparency, marked by humility, possessing the heart of a servant, who ministers with the gospel of grace – as opposed to through political or legalistic means.
- A Spirit-led believer, growing in personal sanctification, motivated to increase in spiritual fruitfulness, and humbly desiring the blessed life outlined in Christ’s Sermon on the Mount.
- A woman with a heart full of compassion, empathy, wisdom, understanding, and Christ-like love.
- A leader whose passionate zeal, Spirit-based energy, intellectual curiosity, vitality, and enthusiasm are evident to all, and who is approachable and a good listener with an ability to win hearts.
- Trinitarian, Christocentric, with an unwavering commitment to the authority and inerrancy of the Scriptures as originally given in the Old and New Testaments as the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Knowledgeable in Church history and Systematic Theology with astuteness and ability to engage the issues of the day, upholding the centrality of the Word in worship and the life of the church.
- Reformed in theology according to the Westminster Standards (Confession of Faith and the Catechisms).
- Burning desire to serve Jesus Christ, making disciples in the name of the father, son, and holy spirit.
- Pastorally and wisely applies God’s truths within Tenth’s cross-cultural context: to singles and married; to traditional as well as blended family structures; to people of all financial, racial, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.
- Collaborates well with committees, commissions and boards, valuing people, affirming their diverse gifts, delegating appropriately and effectively.
- Our church currently needs to hire someone with the following gifts from the Holy Spirit.
- Leadership and Organization (Romans 12:8), (1 Cor. 12:28)
- Service (Romans 12:7)
- Teaching (Romans 12:7)
Home and Community
- Someone who desires to become a citizen of Philadelphia maturing in cross-cultural awareness and, if married or married with children, a dedicated wife and mother who is willing to lead and serve her family sacrificially.
Bachelors’ Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) with 5 years of related experience
- Meets personal, theological, ministerial, and community profile
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) with 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations to meet budget
Instructions to Apply
Please email a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this position to email@example.com