The Preschool Assistant Teacher is responsible for helping the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program under the guidance of the Preschool Director. This is a part-time non-exempt position five mornings a week while school is in session (September to June).
The position would begin in Fall 2021.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Lead Preschool Teacher during classroom hours
- Help prepare snacks and monitor clean up
- Assist in managing classroom behavior and enforcing rules
- Plan and prepare for activities (learning centers, art projects, etc.)
- Work directly with children practicing letters, numbers, etc.
- Sing songs, play games, read books
- Treat children, parents, and other teachers with respect and dignity.
- Assist with set up and clean-up of classroom each day
- Decorate and keep classroom attractive and relevant
- Assist in preparing for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Attend all field trips and preschool events
- Help Lead Teacher monitor students and recognize potential classroom problems
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher
- Be willing to assume teaching duties in the absence of the Lead Teacher
We expect the Preschool Assistant Teacher to be educated, kind, loving, fun, professional, and creative. The Assistant Teacher should instill a love of learning in their students, and focus on helping each individual student learn at his or her own pace. The Preschool Assistant Teacher should be reliable and independent. The Preschool Assistant Teacher needs to adapt easily to changing situations and should take the lead when necessary and appropriate. The Preschool Assistant Teacher should be willing to assist the Lead Preschool Teacher in whatever manner the Lead Teacher deems necessary.
The Preschool Assistant Teacher should also profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be in significant agreement with Tenth Presbyterian Church’s Mission and Doctrinal Statements, have a demonstrated commitment to the local church, and be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action towards others. Candidates will be subject to a routine background check and will be required to sign a statement of faith, health assessment form, and annual commitment to biblical lifestyle policy upon employment.
High School Diploma required. Associate or bachelor’s degree desired.
Previous teaching experience or experience working with young children. Should have a practical understanding of early childhood education.
Should be friendly, inviting, self-motivated, even-tempered, and adaptable. Should enjoy learning.
To apply, email Preschool Assistant Teacher,