We are a week away from one of the most important elections in recent memory.
As a church, we rejoice over three truths.
- First, Jesus is King over all things.
- Second, our gracious heavenly Father hears our prayers.
- Third, it is "pleasing in the sight of God" for us to pray for all people, and also for "all who are in high positions." (1Timothy 2:1-3)
Every month we gather for prayer. This month we are gathering in the parishes and praying for the election. We will pray for God's will to be done, for God's people to trust Him with the outcome, and for God's mission to advance through the outcome.
Join your parish tomorrow night November 1 at the following times and locations for prayer.
- Parish 1: 1710 Spruce Street, 6:45-8:00 PM
- Parish 2: Westminster Theological Seminary, 6:45-8:00 PM
- Parish 3: Wynne's home: 234 Congress Ave, Lansdowne, PA. 6:30-8:00 PM
- Parish 4 & 5: Smyth's home: 6 Balmoral Drive, Chadds Ford, PA, 6:45-8:00 PM
- Parish 6: Covenant Presbyterian Church, 6:45-8:00 PM
Additionally, the Boice Center is hosting a lunchtime lecture with Penn Law Professor and Tenth Elder, David Skeel. His lecture will be titled "Government: God's Servant for your Good." The event will take place this Sunday in Fellowship Hall from 12:45-2:00 PM. Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP to me if you are able to attend.
© 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By Gavin Lymberopoulos. © 2020 Tenth Presbyterian Church. Website: tenth.org