Tenth Presbyterian Church has developed the protocols below for all on-campus and off-campus gatherings in order to promote the safety of participants and provide simplicity and consistency in the planning and execution of our gatherings.
- All proposed gatherings must be scheduled in the church’s facilities scheduling application. Questions regarding the use of this application should be directed to Dot Boersma at [email protected].
- All those who desire to attend a gathering should register for the gathering. Registration should be set up via the church database at https://my.tenth.org. Certain groups with consistent membership and no space constraints (no need to manage attendance or other ways of managing attendance) may not need to register. Examples include small group Bible studies, choir rehearsals, string school, and Tenth Preschool. Attendance must be taken at all events and saved for at least two months.
- No one should attend a gathering who exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19. No one should attend who has a household member who exhibits symptoms. Note that (per the CDC) people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of reported symptoms – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to SARS-CoV-2. Symptoms can include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- No one should attend a gathering who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 14 days. What counts as close contact?
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- When gathering, participants should follow these guidelines:
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from people with whom you are not in regular contact.
- Wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose (for those 3 years old and older) at all times, except when eating or drinking.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entry, and as needed.
- Reasonable exceptions to the distancing and mask requirements may be made for outdoor events.
- Reasonable exceptions to the distancing requirements may be made in nursery settings of those under 6 years old.
While these protocols apply to all gatherings, please note that certain gatherings my require additional steps (e.g. nursery during worship services).
Note additionally that all regular policies and guidelines remain in place such as those governing Child Protection.
Tenth staff will be cleaning the facilities and equipment based on guidance provided by relevant government agencies.
Any questions regarding the interpretation of implementation of these protocols should be directed to [email protected]
If anyone who attended a Tenth event later tests positive for Covid within 14 days of attendance, please notify the church (Church Admin at Tenth.org), providing details of your attendance.