The Preschool Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program under the guidance of the preschool director. This is a part-time exempt position five mornings a week while school is in session (September to June).
The position would begin in Fall 2021.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Teach a class of preschoolers five mornings a week from September to June
- Plan daily activities and lessons to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the preschool, including art, music, and movement activities
- Integrate biblical principles and teaching throughout curriculum and activities
- Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities based on the preschool’s monthly themes
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Submit an order to the director for necessary supplies according to an established budget
- Help students learn classroom procedures, personal responsibility, and respect for fellow students
- Use appropriate behavior management and classroom discipline
- Establish consistent communication with parents and children
- Supervise preschool assistant teacher
We expect the preschool teacher to be educated, kind, loving, fun, professional, and creative. The teacher should instill a love of learning in the students and focus on helping each individual student learn at his or her own pace. Teachers should be reliable and independent.
The teacher should also profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be in agreement with Tenth Presbyterian Church’s Mission and Doctrinal Statements, have a demonstrated commitment to the local church, and be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others. Candidates will be subject to a routine background check and will be required to sign a statement of faith, health assessment form, and annual commitment to biblical lifestyle policy upon employment.
Associate or bachelor’s degree required. Must be eligible for certification by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Previous teaching experience and experience working with young children are required. Should have a practical understanding of early childhood education.
Should be friendly, inviting, self-motivated, even-tempered, and adaptable.
To apply, email Preschool Teacher,