The Office Manager is responsible for supporting the mission of the church by supervising administrative staff and managing office operations and communications. The Office Manager is directly responsible to and guided by the Administrator. This is an exempt position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise the administrative staff, providing training, support, feedback.
- Assist the Administrator with hiring decisions for the administrative staff
- Oversee ordering of office supplies and maintenance of office equipment
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers who serve as office workers
- Maintain the central church activity calendar, including coordination of wedding schedules with couples/ministers; Oversee the assignment of space for all church activities
- Interact with the city parking authority and parking garages for Tenth events
- Attend staff meetings
- Publication of Church Materials/Ministry Support
- Oversee church branding and maintain overall consistency of web and print materials, working with other staff and ministry leaders as required; coordinate all editing (print and web)
- Assist ministries in the design, editing, and production of printed materials; ensure that Tenth documents conform with the Tenth Style Guide
- Oversee church website updates related to weddings, parking, and others as needed.
- Work with Administrator to update Personnel Manuals
- Work with Administrator to maintain an accessible repository of church manuals and policies
- Update Organizational Manual annually in time for the January Session meeting
- Maintain the Ministries Handbook, Welcome Center booklet, Diaconal Manual as needed
- Coordinate Ministry Fair
- Oversee production and distribution of the Annual Statistical Report for the PCA
- Produce materials for and coordinate the Congregational/Corporation meetings and associated mailings
- Maintain Church archives and the Archive Policy
- This Position will potentially assume financial-related duties such as overseeing and/or processing of donations, bank deposits, invoices, etc.
B.A. minimum or equivalent experience
5+ years administrative experience, preferably in a church environment. Supervisory experience desired.
- Strong PC skills and experience (publishing, web, Office applications)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail while observing firm deadlines
- Personal and professional communication skills with excellent written and verbal techniques (exceptionally strong editing skills), able to handle confidential matters prudently
- Commitment to high quality work in a busy setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when required
- Strong logistical and project management skills
- Desired: Experience with branding and graphic design.
- Desired: Bookkeeping or finance experience