The 11AM Nursery Supervisor oversees the nursery(ies) during the 11AM Sunday worship service each week creating a warm and welcoming environment for children while maintaining safety and security.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- In coordination with the Nursery Coordinator, confirm proper and adequate staffing for the 11AM nursery(ies).
- Arrive in the nursery 30 minutes before the beginning of service to assure the nursery is in good order to receive children and create a smooth transition of staff.
- Guarantee security and hygiene.
- Oversee the check-in and check-out of nursery children.
- Welcome visitors and answer any questions they may have. This is often done in conjunction with the deaconate.
- Provide guidance to nursery volunteers on both nursery procedures and the care of the children.
- Help determine when parents should be called.
- Be knowledgeable of necessary actions needed in the event of emergency evacuation or lockdown and take the lead when such action is needed.
- At the end of the morning, clean up toys and wash items so the nursery is ready for the next class. This includes making sure laundry and cups are taken home to be washed.
- Attend bi-monthly or quarterly nursery leadership meetings.