The Facilities Manager (FM) supports the mission of the church by ensuring that the Tenth campus buildings are well-maintained, clean and ready for weekly services, special services and ministry events, as well as effective use by the church’s staff. The FM does this by properly managing the sexton staff, monitoring the general condition of the church properties, ensuring the campus is always secure, and planning/overseeing all maintenance and repair work. The FM is directly responsible to the Church Administrator in the performance of these duties.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare monthly work schedule for the sexton staff
- Interview and recommend the hiring of sextons and oversee their training and work assignments
- Meet with Office Manager to coordinate support for events
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Instruct staff on safety standards, new maintenance procedures, practices & materials
Safety and Security
- Maintain buildings so that, in the event of an emergency, they can be evacuated safely
- Identify and eliminate hazards on the church campus
- Ensure the removal of snow/ice from the steps and sidewalks on the church campus
- Oversee building security and all church equipment to ensure that property is not misused or lost
- Check the church calendar and provide access to groups recorded on the calendar
- Arrange cleaning in such a way that facilities are prepared for scheduled activities
- Ensure the performance of daily, weekly, monthly, and special seasonal cleaning projects
- Keep all storage and supply areas clean, orderly, and well-stocked
- Supervise or perform light maintenance throughout the church buildings including painting and other interior repairs, plumbing, electrical, landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Develop and administer Preventive Maintenance program for the buildings and building systems
- Select or participate in the selection of vendors, suppliers, and contractors for building maintenance, repair, and improvement projects. Schedule and oversee all work done on premises. Track progress and communicate with contractors as necessary to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Manage the building maintenance budget, including: order, inventory, and secure control of maintenance supplies.
- Establish and ensure immediate follow-through with corrective action for any possible safety/hazardous materials concerns including but not limited to:
- safe storage of paint and cleaning solutions
- immediate repair or replacement of frayed electrical wire
- resolution of plumbing or building leaks
- Orient new employees and volunteers to the facility and its use, including building access during and outside normal business hours
- Participate on the Building Committee
- Must be able to use various hand tools to keep building systems operating and maintained
- Working knowledge of fire control systems, strongly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to relate effectively to contractors and staff, and to keep supervisor informed of unexpected challenges as they arise.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex projects for remodeling and improving physical plant and grounds
- Must possess knowledge of purchasing procedures and strategies; proven ability to negotiate effective cost-saving strategies without sacrificing quality of materials or work
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and manage work assignments that directly influence staff productivity. Assignments may be extremely broad in scope and FM will need to determine and complete specific duties.
- Need to be familiar with the Tenth Church Campus ensuring that all buildings are ready for Sunday services and special events, preferably attending a service on a regular basis or making sure that a member of the facilities team is available to assist ministries throughout the day
High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred
Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in building maintenance or equivalent combination in the fields of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical systems, and janitorial care
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Ability to maintain budgets, and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite of products, including WORD and EXCEL, for job-related use
Instructions to Apply
Email Jim Hess, Church Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org