The Director of Youth Ministry is a member of the pastoral staff responsible to help implement the church’s mission to be a fellowship of kingdom-minded disciples by ministering to adolescent and teenage youth in the church and overseeing the Middle School and Senior High programs (Maranatha). The Minister of Metro Outreach will provide oversight to the Director of Youth Ministry.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Disciple Middle School and Senior High School students.
Administer the Middle and Senior High (Maranatha) program of the church, focused on the Sunday night meetings and other outside events. This will include:
- Preparing, delegating, and/or teaching lessons on Sunday nights
- Training and equipping the leadership team
- Directing the Maranatha intern(s)
- Overseeing area Bible studies involving Maranatha youth
- Overseeing service projects and social events.
- Organizing and implementing the Summer Mission Projects
- Organizing efforts to strengthen ties with community organizations
- Ministering to adolescents and teenager youths and their families
Serve on the Kingdom Discipleship Commission
Attend monthly the regular staff meetings of Tenth, including meetings of the ministerial staff and the larger church staff.
- A sinner saved by grace, mature in Christ with a vibrant and contagious faith.
- A person of integrity, authenticity, and transparency, marked by humility, possessing the heart of a servant, who ministers with the gospel of grace â€“ as opposed to through political or legalistic means.
- A Spirit-led believer, growing in personal sanctification, motivated to increase in spiritual fruitfulness, and humbly desiring the blessed life outlined in Christâ€™s Sermon on the Mount.
- A person with a heart full of compassion, empathy, wisdom, understanding, and Christ-like love.
- A leader whose passionate zeal, Spirit-based energy, intellectual curiosity, vitality, and enthusiasm are evident to all, and who is approachable and a good listener with an ability to win hearts.
- Trinitarian, Christocentric, with an unwavering commitment to the authority and inerrancy of the Scriptures as originally given in the Old and New Testaments as the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- Knowledgeable in Church history and Systematic Theology with astuteness and ability to engage the issues of the day, upholding the centrality of the Word in worship and the life of the church.
- Reformed in theology according to the Westminster Standards (Confession of Faith and the Catechisms).
- Teaches clear, scripturally-based, expositional, well-reasoned lessons which are delivered with the proper authority and dignity, showing reverence for the Word of God.
- Pastorally and wisely applies Godâ€™s truths within Tenthâ€™s cross-cultural context: to those in traditional as well as blended family structures; to people of all financial and educational backgrounds; to adolescents and teenager youths and their families.
- Collaborates well with committees, commissions and boards, valuing people, affirming their diverse gifts, delegating appropriately and effectively.
- Our church currently needs to hire someone with the following gifts from the Holy Spirit.
- Leadership and Organization (Romans 12:8), (1 Cor. 12:28)
- Service (Romans 12:7)
- Teaching (Romans 12:7)
- Fosters community in the church through hospitality (Heb. 13:2), relationship-building and shepherding
- Identifying and discipling (2 Tim 2:2) future leaders within the church
An undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field.
- Youth Ministry Experience
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations to meet budget