The Tenth College Fellowship Director supports the mission of the church by helping Tenth Church reach undergraduate aged individuals in the Philadelphia area with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to root them in the life of the local church.
The Tenth College Fellowship Director is a member of the pastoral staff under the direct supervision of the Minister of Metro Outreach.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide shepherding for Tenth College Fellowship and outreach to local campuses
- Oversee and/or lead all TCF events and Bible studies
- Provide leadership and vision for Drexel students for Christ and Penn Students for Christ
- Teach large group gathering of Drexel students for Christ
- Mentor and disciple college students through Word-centered one-on-one meetings
- Train college students to study and teach the Word
- Develop strategies for growing the student’s dependence on God in prayer
- Provide musical guidance and/or competence for various college and young adult gatherings
- Demonstrate a godly example for interns living on Tenth premises
- Launch students on a trajectory of loving and serving the local church for a lifetime
- Create a visible presence online through blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Develop connections within the congregation or ministries of Tenth for students.
- A sinner saved by grace, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibiting a vibrant and contagious faith
- A servant leader, devoted to Christ
- An encourager, developer, and teacher who can work with all
- Skilled supervisor; able to relate well to staff, Session, and congregation
- Outgoing, confident, and optimistic
- Both a decision maker and one who willingly accepts the rightful decisions of others
- High integrity, with high ethical, moral, and personal standards
- Know and believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the inerrant Word of God.
- Receive and adopt the Confession of Faith and the Catechisms of the PCA
- Approve of the form of government and discipline of the PCA
- Preaches clear, scripturally-based, expositional, well-reasoned sermons which are delivered with the proper authority and dignity, showing reverence for the Word of God.
- Pastorally and wisely applies God’s truths within Tenth’s cross-cultural context: to singles and married; to traditional as well as blended family structures; to people of all financial and educational backgrounds.
- Collaborates well with committees, commissions, and boards, valuing people, affirming their diverse gifts, delegating appropriately and effectively.
- Our church currently needs to hire someone with the following gifts from the Holy Spirit.
- Leadership and Organization (Romans 12:8), (1 Corinthians 12:28)
- Service (Romans 12:7)
- Teaching (Romans 12:7)
Home & Community
- Someone who desires to become a citizen of Philadelphia maturing in cross-cultural awareness and, if married, a dedicated husband and father who is willing to lead and serve his family sacrificially.
Graduate-level theological training
- At least part-time experience serving in a local church or a campus ministry
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations to meet budget