There are six funds at Tenth to which you can give. Giving toward the:
- Church Ministry* fund, you are supporting church staff, ministries, and operations.
- Outreach fund, you are supporting Tenth partners in the Philadelphia Metro area and around the world.
- Building fund, you are supporting the maintenance and improvement of the physical property of Tenth Church.
- Deacon's fund, you are helping the Diaconate minister to the physical and financial needs in our congregation.
- Capital Campaign fund, you are helping to purchase the 1710-12 building.
- Easter Sacrifical Offering fund, you are linking arms with brothers and sisters in other parts of the world and joining them in ministries of mercy and relief.
*If you don’t designate the fund to which you’re giving, your contribution will automatically be earmarked for the Church Ministry fund.
To indicate which fund(s) your contribution is for, either:
- write the fund name(s) or ministry designation on the memo line of your check or on the fund designation lines on the offering envelopes,
- indicate the appropriate fund designations on the Funds tab when giving online. Leave the optional memo line blank. Do not designate to specific ministries.
Ways to Give:
There are several ways you can give to Tenth:
You can give online by clicking the Give Online button at the top of this page or by logging in to AccessTenth. Giving online enables you to use an electronic check, debit card, or credit card. Bear in mind that if you give using a credit or debit card, Tenth will incur up to 4% of the total transaction amount in fees.
Online giving using the electronic check option is ideal for a several reasons:
- It's secure.
- It's convenient and enables you to give around your pay schedule.
- It can be recurring —this is especially helpful when you’re on vacation, if you travel frequently, or miss church because of illness.
How to Give Online:
All you need to give online is an email address and your bank routing/account number or debit/credit card number. If you do not currently have an AccessTenth account, you may select Continue as Guest or contact Christina Corbett who will create an account for you. When you give online remember to leave the optional memo line blank. Giving online enables you to give to the three main funds only: Church Ministry, Outreach, and Building. Gifts to specific ministries must be made by paper check with the ministry designation made in the memo line.
Gifts of cash or checks can be deposited in the offering plates during worship services. Checks should be made out to Tenth Presbyterian Church.
Offering envelopes are available in the pew racks. Using the envelopes enables you to designate the budget(s) to which you are giving and also ensures that you will receive proper documentation of your giving for tax purposes.
Alternatively, if you’d like personalized offering envelopes, please contact Christina Corbett.
At any time on Sundays you can deposit contributions in the oak boxes located throughout the Spruce Street building. Bear in mind that undesignated cash will go to the Project of the Month.
Mail or Drop-off
Contributions can be mailed or delivered directly to the church office at:Tenth Presbyterian Church
Attention: Contributions Department
1701 Delancey Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-6714
Stocks, Bequests, Trusts, & Other Charitable Gifts
Gift planning is a tremendous opportunity to promote our long-term vision for the kingdom of God in Philadelphia and around the world.
Please contact Charlotte Eastlack if you have questions about
- Giving stocks
- Creating a bequest or trust
- Other charitable giving opportunities
Project of the Month
Global and Metro Outreach collaborate monthly to designate a Tenth partner as the Project of the Month. Money given toward the Project of the Month is used to help Tenth’s partners with unanticipated expenses and special needs. Gifts designated to the Project of the Month can be put in the offering plate or the oak boxes located throughout the Spruce Street building. Undesignated cash contributions deposited in the oak boxes will be automatically earmarked for the Project of the Month.