We believe the Bible teaches that a Christian marriage is between a man and a woman who are both committed to following Christ and exemplifying his love for the Church (Ephesians 5:29-32). We are excited to serve you as you plan your wedding and prepare for life as a married couple.
You may schedule your wedding and reception at Tenth if 1) both the bride and groom have completed Tenth’s Preparation for Marriage class and 2) either the bride or the groom is a member of Tenth, another PCA church, or a Tenth-affiliated church. If you meet both those requirements and would like to schedule your wedding at Tenth, you will need to meet as a couple with a Tenth minister who will ascertain your Christian testimony and commitment.
Scheduling Your Wedding
- Download Tenth’s Wedding Packet.
- Arrange an appointment as a couple with the Tenth Church minister whom you would like to officiate your ceremony. During this meeting you will discuss your Christian testimony and wedding plans. Once you give your tentative date to the minister, he will reserve this date on the church calendar (if it’s available). Sunday weddings cannot be scheduled at Tenth.
- Register to attend our Preparation for Marriage class.
- Plan your wedding ceremony with your officiant and the music with Tenth’s music director.
- Return Wedding Reservation Form (found in the Wedding Packet) to office manager Dot Boersma at least 2 months before your wedding date.
- Pay fees (outlined in the Wedding Packet ) at least 2 months in advance of your wedding date. Checks should be made payable to Tenth Presbyterian Church and mailed or given to Dot Boersma (1701 Delancey Street, Philadelphia, PA 19014). Your wedding date will not be finalized on the church calendar until payment is received and your officiant has confirmed the bride and groom’s completion of the Preparation for Marriage class.
Please contact Helen Sneller with any questions.