for Mission Finance Department
A Full-Time Job Opening in Jenkintown, PA
Serge is a non-profit, mission-sending agency dedicated to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and bringing positive transformation to communities worldwide. We’re seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join the home office and support our Finance Director and the Finance Team. This team consists of six staff members who work collaboratively to serve our missionaries, donors, and home office staff.
The Assistant will perform administrative functions, serve as a communication hub for the Finance Team, act as liaison for company plans and insurance, manage regulatory filings, oversee Finance processes and technology, and assist in implementation of projects. Full-time hours are 40 per week and include full benefits.
If you have a passion to advance the Gospel and the expertise for this key role, we invite you to apply! Qualified applicants will have experience in administration, computer systems and software, and data and project management.
● Supports the Finance Director and Finance Team:
o Manages scheduling and communication for the Finance Director at all levels, including executive leadership and department heads.
o Handles information exchange for the Finance Director by compiling weekly reports and maintaining up-to-date versions of group documents.
o Coordinates communication between the Finance Team and the mission at large.
o Manages budgeting process for the Finance Team.
o Schedules and coordinates weekly team and interdepartmental meetings.
● Oversees processes and technology issues for the Finance Team.
● Provides administration for company plan renewals, testing and audits including:
o General company insurance renewals (not benefit insurance).
o Annual retirement plan audit, non-discrimination testing, and Form 5500 filing.
● Coordinates Finance Department communication relating to:
o Donor software ticketing and phone calls.
o Finance Department email communications with the field (overseas workers) and website (donors).
o Interdepartmental communications.
● Manages projects for the Finance Department including:
o State-specific charitable registrations and annual report filings.
o Setup and maintenance of workflow processes.
o Assistance in set-up of new endowment structure.
• A personal commitment to Jesus Christ with a genuine desire to apply one’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to advance the Gospel.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS and MAC OS, web browsers, Google products and other web-based software.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in related field.
• Minimum 3 to 4 years of administrative experience for an upper-management role.
• Project management skills a plus.
• Excellent time management skills, solid organizational techniques, and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrates effectiveness in supporting, communicating, and maintaining good working relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
To Apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Anita Wessner at HR@serge.org. For more information about our mission agency, visit www.serge.org.