Thank you for your interest. We are delighted that you are considering membership with the Tenth Church body.
Our membership class is designed to help you understand Tenth before making the commitment to become a member, and it gives our elders the opportunity to drop in and get to know you. When the class concludes, if you decide to pursue membership, you will give your Christian testimony to elders in a group setting.
The lessons are put together in a booklet you will receive at the start of the class. They address the five membership vows:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving his displeasure, and without hope save in his sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon him alone for salvation as he is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
There is only one requirement for joining Tenth, which is to demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the gospel of Jesus Christ. You are not required to hold to all of Tenth’s doctrinal stances. If, however, you have questions about our beliefs and practices, do not hesitate to meet with an elder or pastor.
The spring 2019 New Members class begins Sunday, March 17, and runs until Sunday, May 5. Classes are held during the 9 AM Bible School hour. Potential members may not miss more than two classes, but should reach out to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Those who decide to pursue membership at Tenth will profess their faith to Tenth elders on Sunday, May 19 at 9 AM.
Below are three online forms that you will be requested to complete during the course of the New Members class. The info form should be completed as soon as possible, and you will receive due dates for the other two.