COVID Illness Policy
We Ask That You DO NOT Place Your Child in the Nursery if Your Child Has:
- Fever over 100oF in the last 48 hours
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Runny nose or cough less than 5 days
- Possible eye infection (e.g., pink eye or crusty discharge)
- Listlessness or lethargy without other symptoms of systemic illness
- In order to avoid congregating at the nursery desk, each family will be assigned an arrival time prior to the service. At the end of the service, parents will be paged to come and pick-up their children. Parents should remain in the sanctuary or other part of the church until paged.
- Upon arrival all children will be screened for temperature and signs of illness: flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness, and confirm that the child is not experiencing coughing or shortness of breath.
- No snacks or water will be given to the children. Bottles will be given to infants.
- Pack extra clothing for the child. Nursery workers will be quick to change a child’s clothing if any bodily fluid is on them. Put bibs on drooling children. It is recommended that children wear long pants and long sleeves.
- Nursery workers will wash face, neck and hands upon arrival. They will wear masks, long sleeves and long pants and change clothes as necessary. Children will not be wearing masks.
- All children’s hands will be washed upon arrival.