Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.Proverbs 22:6
Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting.Psalm 147:1
Purposes of Children’s Music
To develop the children’s understanding of and appreciation for the roles of music in worship and worship itself as taught in Scripture.
- To deepen the children’s knowledge of Scripture and the Lord Jesus Christ through the texts of the songs that constitute the core of the program curriculum.
- To develop the children’s singing voices, movement ability, and rhythmic and tonal accuracy in a way that is pedagogically sound as well as fun and engaging.
- To develop the children’s musical literacy for the purpose of participating in individual and corporate worship through music.
- To deepen the children’s comprehension and love of hymnody.
- To increase the children’s enjoyment of music and to encourage a life-long appreciation for music through all aspects of the program.
- To encourage families to enjoy music together in worship at home and at church, as well as in every day settings.