The financial assistant supports the mission of the church by executing financial tasks/requirements assigned by the accountant and the administrator. This includes accounts payable/receivable, routine deposits, and database reporting. He/she will supervise the volunteers who count and record the weekly offering. The financial assistant reports to the accountant and administrator. This is a 35-hour per week non-exempt position.
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage schedule for volunteer counting staff
- Input all donor giving information into ACS database
- Manage all ACS database reporting and giving records
- Create weekly register report and giving reports for ministries (e.g., MCO, Misc. Outreach)
- Import online giving from www.tenth.org. Post to ACS and sync to donor accounts
- Prepare annual tax statements and resolve discrepancies with donors
- Manage accounts payable; ensure invoices are approved and coded to the correct general ledger lines
- Maintain and process the list of Outreach quarterly support checks.
- Execute international wire transfers to Global Outreach ministries and partners
- Manage and process payroll in Evolution software
- Assist accountant in annual preparation of general budget projections
- Assist accountant with collection of W-9’s and printing 1099 statements
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to deliver high quality, accurate work under strict deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential matters prudently
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- AA or AS in accounting or equivalent experience
- Must possess 3+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software and Excel
Contact Douglas Baker
1701 Delancey St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103