Safe Families for Children is an all-church national movement of compassion and biblical hospitality that gives hope to families in crisis. This network of host families and supportive friends helps parents who need to temporarily place their children due to unmanageable or critical circumstances.
Hallmarks of the Safe Families model are:
- Biological parents maintain full custody
- Volunteer families are screened and supported
- Average length of stay is about six weeks
- Average age of child in Safe Families is four and a half years old
- Close working relationship between Safe Families, the local church,
- Commitment to reunite the family as soon as possible
The best part is sharing Christ . . . letting people see Jesus with skin on.
If you have adopted or have been or are a foster parent, Safe Families
for Children is on the same continuum, preserving the family. It
embraces adversity with life-breathing hope.